Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Prickett's Fort

Last year when I started riding my bike I set a goal. That goal was to reach Prickett's Fort outside of Fairmont. I didn't make it all the way down there last year, the closet I came was within five miles. Today I achieved my goal. It was 33 miles round trip which isn't a lot for most people but on a heavy Fat Bike it was something I'm definitely proud of. Here are some pictures I took while at Prickett's Fort and also along the way.
  There was a school on a field trip there today. It brought back memories from when I lived in Connecticut and we would take field trips to local Fort's and other historic places. The kids loved the Fat Bike.
  Old railroad bridge.

 A nice shot of the sunlight peaking through the trees.
 Very old graveyard on the way down. Next time I will get a better look at the grave markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment