Monday, October 21, 2013

Trail End

On 10/15 I went for my longest ride yet, 36 miles. Another goal of mine last year was to ride all the way to Arthurdale, something I never achieved. Last year I unknowingly came within a couple of miles, had I known I was that close I would have kept going. This year I didn't stop until I reached the end of the trail. I was on my bike for three hours and couldn't have been happier. The weather was perfect and the leaves were just beginning to show signs that winter was coming. I made a side journey down Route 92 to find a restaurant to eat at but quickly turned around because of all the truck traffic. I'm still really weary about riding along roads, especially ones full of large trucks. My next goal is to ride fifty miles, something I will do before Spring.
This picture was taken at the very end of the trail. There was a large concrete structure in the lake that reminded me of the top of a submarine. I'm not sure what it is to be honest.
The final climb to the end of the trail. I almost turned back here but convinced myself to keep going.
 A nice plaque outside Masontown honoring William C. Larew, Sr. a gentlemen that helped build this wonderful trail.



No comments:

Post a Comment